Tuesday, October 6, 2009
San Francisco 2009
Kevin, Zach and I recently returned from a trip to San Francisco. We arrived on Thursday and walked down to Fisherman's Wharf. We took a tour of the bay on a ferry which took us under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. It was windy but I love being on the water!! We visited the Aquarium, Alcatraz (which is very fun), a Modern Art Musuem (very weird!!), Chinatown, Lombard Street (the crookedest street in America), Little Italy (good food), Castro (very fun!), Haight Ashberry (very scary - to me anyway)and walked all over the city. We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge which I also loved! Kevin navigated us through the city pretty well. We used all types of transportation - the Bart, cable cars, trolleys, buses and a town car to get back to the airport. We ate lots of great food - fish & Chips, Chowder in a bread bowl, Chinese food with things we weren't sure what they were, Pizza, In & Out Burger and even Burger King...hahaha. We saw things I don't think you are supposed to see......homeless people digging through garbage cans, a guy using a building for a bathroom, crazies talking to themselves, a guy and girl almost getting into a fight on the bus, cross dressers, prostitutes (we're guessing) and everything in between.
We also saw the most beautiful sights - the giant Golden Gate Bridge, the city from Alcatraz, sea life at the aquarium, beautiful victorian homes, Lombard street, just beautiful scenery. It was a great trip - thanks Kevin for planning it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! You guys are going all over the place!! (Except Utah!) Looks so fun~Good for You!
Mad said he had a fun visit with you, I'm glad he got to see you.
When are you guys coming south so we can get together?
Post a Comment