Anyway, Zach wasn't too excited but he didn't complain - not even once! We did dry packing - flour and sugar. The nice part is that after you do some work, you are able to by anything else that is on the shelves. So we purchased flour, sugar, oats, spaghetti, rice, apricots, pears, peaches and apple slices. I think Zach enjoyed running the can sealer....it is kind of fun. He was also able to help a couple of other older ladies with their dry packing. Thanks Zach for being such a great help!
Kevin has also helped me in purchasing other things that we currently eat - like soup, canned veggies, tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, tuna, canned chicken and other things.
It does take some money to get a large initial start but if you did a little each week, you wouldn't notice the cost at all. The hard part will be rotating everything and paying attention to which things are only good for a year or so. I'll have to work on that - but, I feel so much better knowing that I've made a start in doing what the Prophets have asked us to do and it's comforting to know we won't starve in the event of a catastrophe!
1 comment:
Way to go sister....but you shouldn't be advertising this on the internet, in case of an emergency you'll have friends and family showing up at your door that you didn't even know you had--ha ha
(is that why you live OUT of state?) I'm very proud of you guys!
Hugs,
Pam
Post a Comment