Monday, March 9, 2009

My Baby's Birthday!

Today is Zach's birthday. I always tell them their birth story but in my old age, I become forgetful. So Zach, here's your story:

Dad and I dropped the boys off at Shawn and Wendy's on the way to the hospital. We got to the hospital and I was immediately hooked up to an IV to get my labor started. Pam came up right away. We laughed, talked, laughed some more. When the labor began to get really hard, I was given my epideral. It was a piece of cake after that. I was starving but couldn't eat anything. Dad and Pam went out for lunch and brought it back in the room!!! Soon, I knew you were coming. I couldn't feel any pain but I could feel the pressure of you trying to get out. When the nurses checked me, they called Dr. Johnson right away saying you were ready to pop out. He came in, began to wash up, taking his sweet time, talking a hundred miles a minute while I had to squeeze to keep you from popping out. I remember so much laughter.

Finally the doctor was ready and I think I pushed once and you were out. Dad was video taping and Pam was taking pictures. It was a party atmosphere and such a joyous occasion. You were so beautiful and perfect in every way. You were wrapped up and put in my arms and I still couldn't believe this miracle that was given to us. There is such a peace that surrounds a newborn baby. You'd just come from our Heavenly Father and I wished you could tell us your memories of heaven. Everyone loved you and came to see you. You were a fabulous baby - slept early on, never fussed and were soooo happy all the time. The only sad part was when we discovered the camera didn't work and we missed all of those pictures of you in the hospital. It was devastating to me but I reminded myself that I had my beautiful baby boy forever!! We are so proud of you and we love you so much. I cherish the "outings" we go on and your sense of humor. We love you! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

faith0426 said...

Happy Birthday BIG GUY!

Love,
The Graham Family