Friday, I noticed a small lump on Toby's neck. I wondered if it was a swollen gland. Saturday morning, the lump was bigger and he was very sluggish and would stand there with his whole body shaking. I immediately started thinking the worst and began crying. We watched him for a while and he went to sleep. He seemed ok so we went to do our errands. We were gone for most of the day and when we got home, he seemed terrible. He looked so weak and shaky I knew we had to take him in. Of course being Saturday, the vets aren't opened so we had to take him to an emergency vet. As soon as he got in the car, he got excited and acted normal (frustrating but good). He seemed fine at the dr.'s but he still had that large lump on his neck.
We were feeling better since he was acting better. They took some fluid from his neck and the dr. came in to tell us the fluid is from his lymph nodes and looked really bad. She said in her experience, it is usually lympoma. Well, I began to cry as she talked about what could happen in the future - treatments, etc. Then they ran some blood tests. Now, during this time, I can't stop crying and thinking about my little baby dying. Even Kevin got really emotional. It was horrible - like a nightmare. I just knew I can't handle this.......I know it would happen one day but I'm not ready and I could feel myself falling apart completely. After awhile, she came back in with the blood results......they all looked normal!!! She was so surprised and said that's a very good thing. Now we have to wait for the results to go to the pathologist to find out what it really is but she doesn't think it is cancer now. But it still could be.........so now we have to wait for a couple of days to hear back.
Today, Sunday, he acts very normal. The lump is still there but he went for a very long walk today that wiped him out and he'll probably sleep most of the day. The good thing is he acts totally normal. In my heart of hearts, I don't think it's cancer but I can't get too happy about it because we still have to get that phone call. I'm afraid to feel back to normal with him and then to get bad news. I will post the results.
We were feeling better since he was acting better. They took some fluid from his neck and the dr. came in to tell us the fluid is from his lymph nodes and looked really bad. She said in her experience, it is usually lympoma. Well, I began to cry as she talked about what could happen in the future - treatments, etc. Then they ran some blood tests. Now, during this time, I can't stop crying and thinking about my little baby dying. Even Kevin got really emotional. It was horrible - like a nightmare. I just knew I can't handle this.......I know it would happen one day but I'm not ready and I could feel myself falling apart completely. After awhile, she came back in with the blood results......they all looked normal!!! She was so surprised and said that's a very good thing. Now we have to wait for the results to go to the pathologist to find out what it really is but she doesn't think it is cancer now. But it still could be.........so now we have to wait for a couple of days to hear back.
Today, Sunday, he acts very normal. The lump is still there but he went for a very long walk today that wiped him out and he'll probably sleep most of the day. The good thing is he acts totally normal. In my heart of hearts, I don't think it's cancer but I can't get too happy about it because we still have to get that phone call. I'm afraid to feel back to normal with him and then to get bad news. I will post the results.
5 comments:
Hey! I was so excited to see you found my blog, of course I remember who you are, you nerd! I'm so glad you started a blog so I can keep in touch, thats why I love this blogging thing. Looks like your family is doing really good, say hi to everyone for me!
Ahh,I feel so bad for you! That's terrable...I wish I could do something,anything really. I remember the last few moments we had with our pet "Foo Foo",we loved her so very much. It was so hard for us to put her down,but we knew it was the best for her. I'll be praying for little Tobers!
Love,
Stacy
Oh, sweet Toby. I hope everything turns out okay. I'm so glad you started the blog. It's really cute. I'm so jealous of your Hawaii trip and hopefully we'll be there with ya next year. :) Thanks for sending me your blog. I'll be checking it regularly. Love ya so much.
Ashley
Hey Sparrows :)
I found your blog through ashley's.. it's a small world huh?
Your family is getting so big (and handsome!). I hope everything comes out good with your cute little dog.. those little creatures weasel their way into our hearts don't they. Well I was excited to see your blog and say hi. You'll have to stop be our new place next time your in the area.. we only live maybe a mile from our last house.
Keep in touch :)
hey sister!!!!! Our poor little Tobers.....hope he is feeling better....keep us posted~
Pam
Post a Comment