Update Nov 4th: I had hoped to have updated pictures by now......but.........I can't believe they are not done yet!!!! I guess with all of the trim, the job is taking longer than expected and apparently there is another job that is "life or death" to get done.....then we've had practically non-stop rain so we are left hanging. Suprisingly, with the trim things are looking a lot better. They still have to paint the porch, all of the doors and the red accents. At least I'm not freaking out about the color anymore. Kevin even admitted when just the green was on, he wondered if we did the right thing....finally he admitted he didn't like it too much either....but it will be ok. Pics will come when they're done.
___________________________________________________
Well, after almost 10 years, we are finally painting our house. Now, I don't like change, so I could
re-paint it the very same colors because I like it. Kevin, on the other hand, said 'why paint if you don't change it'.......so......we debated for weeks about a color. On the day we met with the painter at the paint store, we still had no idea what we wanted. We were shown a pamphlet of Victorian homes with authentic colors for that time period and we chose our colors. The painters patched everything and caulked everything and began painting yesterday. Well....I'm not sure if I like it or not. It's so green!!!!!! Granted the trim and accent colors are not on yet but.....it's so green!!!!! They assure me it will look nice but I'm worried. I hate change. We'll see.
3 comments:
I love it Terri! It looks so good. What a beautiful house... love the porch. I love color.. You'll have to update because now I can't wait to see it done.
I love it sister!!!!! I love the color too, tell Kevin he done good~
Pam
I love it...it will definatly take some time to get used to, that's for sure. In the meantime I'll be here waiting until you are done being nervous about the change. Trust me it looks great!
Love,
Stacy
Post a Comment